COMPASS MINERALS FORD RACING SCHOOL GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1) ELIGIBILITY: To participate in the Compass Minerals Ford Racing School Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”), eligible entrants, the Grand Prize winner, and his/her guests must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and legal residents of the United States including the District of Columbia, but excluding New York, Florida, and Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands at the time of entry. Sweepstakes is void where restricted or prohibited by law. Employees of: (a) Compass Minerals (“Sponsor”), (b) Ford Racing School, (c) Miller Motorsports Park, (d) AdFarm, and (e) affiliates, sales representatives, retailers, distributors, and promotion and other vendor agencies involved in this Sweepstakes (the “Released Parties”), and the household and immediate family members (spouse, child, parent, sibling) of all such employees, are NOT eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2) ENTRY PERIOD: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 19, 2015, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on March 1, 2015 (“Promotion Period”).
3) HOW TO ENTER: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules” and the decisions of the Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects. There are two (2) methods of entry for this Sweepstakes.
1.Complete the official entry card and return to an authorized employee, including the Compass Minerals booth (#1221) at the Commodity Classic event in Phoenix, Arizona, held February 26-28, 2015.
2. Complete the online registration form available to selected opt-in participants and hosted by Farm Journal Media.
All entries must be received during the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) entry per person.
Information collected from entrant via the entry form will only be used for direct marketing purposes if entrant consents to use in such manner. Any requested opt-in consent is not required to enter the Sweepstakes and will not increase your chances of winning. The use of automated devices to enter this Sweepstakes is prohibited. Any attempt by any person to submit multiple entries by using multiple/different e-mail accounts or any other methods will void all entries submitted and that person will be disqualified. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, or misdirected entries or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become Compass Minerals’ property and will not be returned.
4) WINNER SELECTION/PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: The potential Grand Prize winner will be selected on or about March 2, 2015 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Sponsor or Sage will conduct the drawing. Sponsor’s decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
a) One (1) Grand Prize: A trip to attend the Ford Racing School in Tooele, Utah for the specified winner. Trip consists of: (i) round-trip, coach-class airfare for up to two people (2) (from major airport near winner’s and/or guests’ physical place of residence at time of entry as chosen by the Sponsor); (ii) two (2) nights hotel accommodations(hotel to be determined at the discretion of Sponsor; up to four (2) single-occupancy rooms; does not include meals, room service, or other incidentals); (iii) attendance at the two-day driving school held at the Ford Racing School at Miller Sports Park in Tooele, Utah. (iv) ground transportation between the airport and hotel and the hotel and the Driving Academy; and $250 awarded in the form of a corporate check payable to the winner. The Grand Prize winner will also receive a single cash payment of $922.80 (the “Cash Payment”) in the form of a corporate check, based on a 24% tax rate, which is intended to assist with any federal or state tax obligations related to the Grand Prize. Any tax obligation that the winner may be liable for is the sole responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Grand Prize winner for the actual value of the prize received, including the Cash Payment. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for all federal, state, and local income taxes and other taxes associated with the prize. Compass Minerals will comply with all applicable tax reporting requirements. The total Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize is seven thousand seventeen dollars. ($7,717.00). Actual value of prize may vary based on point of origination and airfare fluctuations. The Grand Prize winner and guests must possess required travel documents (e.g. valid government-issued photo ID) prior to departure. If the Grand Prize winner resides within 300 miles of the Driving Academy, alternate travel arrangements may be made by the Sponsor and/or the Grand Prize winner and value of prize and single cash payment adjusted accordingly. The Grand Prize winner and guests may be required to travel together from the same airport. Travel must be booked at least two (2) weeks prior to travel. The Grand Prize winner must plan trip with Sponsor and travel between March 2015 and December 2015. Travel dates and arrangements are to be determined and are subject to availability and some restrictions may apply. Travel is subject to airline schedule changes. The Grand Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets. If winner is unable to complete trip on the dates selected by the Sponsor, the winner shall forfeit the prize in its entirety and an alternate winner will be selected, time permitting. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for meals, taxes, gratuities, other ground transportation, and all other expenses not expressly specified herein. Grand Prize winner and guest may be required to sign additional waivers or liability releases onsite for participation in the Ford Racing School. The Grand Prize winner must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and may be required to satisfy applicable proof-of-insurance laws for participation in the Ford Racing School.
If, for whatever reason, the Ford Racing School associated with the Grand Prize is cancelled after the prize is awarded, then Sponsor’s liability for the Grand Prize is limited only to the non-Ford Racing School portions of the Grand Prize. No compensation will be paid in lieu of the cancelled Ford Racing School. The ticket to the Ford Racing School are subject in all respect to terms and conditions set forth on the tickets and any requirements of the facility hosting the event. The winner is strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading, or otherwise transferring the tickets (Ford Racing School, airline, and otherwise) unless Sponsor consents in writing.
Prizes consist only of items specifically listed as part of the prize. Certain conditions and restrictions apply. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of the same approximate retail value.
5) PRIZE NOTIFICATION: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by e-mail/phone to the e-mail address/phone number provided by the potential Grand Prize winner during the entry process on or about March 2, 2015. The Grand Prize winner must complete, sign, and return the presented affidavit of eligibility, liability release, publicity release, and appropriate tax documents (the “Documents”) within seven (7) calendar days of delivery of the Documents, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Grand Prize winner may be required to sign additional waivers or liability releases onsite for participation in the Ford Racing School. If notified winner is not eligible, forfeits the prize, or declines the prize, then an alternate winner may be randomly selected as the Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable or failure to accept any prize within the specified time period may, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize.
a) Publicity Release: Subject to applicable law, Grand Prize winner irrevocably grants to Sponsor the right to use and publish his/her proper name, state, likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by Grand Prize winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor online and in print and in any other media in connection with the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s and guests’ names and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
6) ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, each entrant agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Sweepstakes, rule interpretation, or award of prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, whose decision shall be binding and final.
By entering the Sweepstakes, participants and Grand Prize winner shall release and hold harmless the Released Parties and Facebook from and against any liability, loss, damage, cost, and expense that the Released Parties and Facebook may suffer as a result of any claims, suits, demands, actions, causes of action (“Claims”), penalties, expenses, or costs (“Losses”), whether foreseen or unforeseen, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that may be made or had against the Released Parties and Facebook arising from or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including all such Claims and Losses arising from: 1) any prizes won; 2) the negligence, reckless acts, and/or intentional or willful misconduct by the participants, Grand Prize winner, and/or any of their guests; and 3) any injuries, losses, or other damage of any kind that the participants, Grand Prize winner, and/or their guests may sustain arising from or in connection with their participation in the Sweepstakes.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATES WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $100. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, Grand Prize winner gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his/her name, address, and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and complying with applicable laws, regulations, and rules. Any information entrants provide to Sponsor may be used to communicate with entrant in relation to this Sweepstakes or on a Sweepstakes winner’s list.
Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prizes.
In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including, but not limited to: fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without further obligation and, if so, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the prize from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to modify, change, alter, and/or delete any and all terms, conditions and rules regarding: 1) the Sweepstakes; 2) participation in the Sweepstakes; and 3) the nature, level, value, frequency, and amount of the Grand Prize, at any time prior to the conclusion of the Promotion Period.
7) DISPUTES; GOVERNING LAW. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF KANSAS WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of JOHNSON in the State of Kansas. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
8) WINNER LIST: The name of the Grand Prize winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by December 31, 2015 to: Compass Minerals c/o Ford Racing School Giveaway. 9900 West 109th Street, Suite 100, Overland Park, KS 66210
9) Sponsor: Compass Minerals, 9900 West 109th Street, Suite 100. Overland Park, KS 66210